Since the first Safety Fair in 2005, the safety fair has been an annual event working to educated both parents and children about safety and health in Moscow, Idaho and the Palouse.
The Eastside Marketplace parking lot from 10am-2pm, always on the first Saturday in June.
This year: June 1st 2019
Families are invited to participate in the safety fair's many booths and activities. This year's FREE activities will include the following:
- FREE Bike Helmets and helmet fitting for kids 16 & under
- "MILK" Software (Managing Information on Lost Kids, the first step in the Amber Alert process)
- Child Digital ID's & Fingerprint Kits, DNA Kits
- Emergency Contact Cards
- Water Safety Information
- Bike Rodeo - bring your bike, ride the course and earn a free bike light/reflector for your bike
- Helmet decorating with free reflective stickers
- Free Bike Tune-ups
- Hot dogs & Snacks provided by the Rotary Club, Central Lions, Kiwanis & Food
- Services of America
- Lifeflight helicopter tours
- Ambullance and Firetruck tours
- Car seat safety check conducted by NHTSA Certified technicians
Donations are Welcomed!
The Officer Newbill Kids Safety Fair is a 501(c) (3)non-prot, Tax ID # 26-4782243
The fair was renamed to "Officer Newbill Kids Safety Fair" after May 2007 when tragedy hit our community as one of our Officers lost his life in the line of duty along with a local church sexton. The Moscow community deeply grieved the loss of Officer Newbill and the horror of violence in our community. Lee Newbill's family was approached and the Fair has been renamed in honor of Officer Newbill ever since.